We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, its both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
DeMarco Family Dental follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Prior, we as a practice have routinely requested independent OSHA inspections. This of course is something we will continue to do. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next visit to our office. We made these changes to protect you, our team and all our family of patients. For example;
- Upon your arrival we will take your temperature, ask some screening questions and at least initially, if necessary, request that you wait in your car.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use upon your arrival in the office.
- You will notice that our reception area no longer offers magazines, brochures, coffee and so forth, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be provided so to allow for proper social distancing between patients. This may mean that your offered fewer options when scheduling your appointment.
- We will ask that when arriving for your appointment that if you happen to have anyone with you, that they wait for you outside the office.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any given time.
We would be more then happy to answer any questions or even give you a tour to show you the measures we have taken, so to provide you and your family the highest level of comfort during your next visit.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back. Please give us a call or feel free to stop in to schedule your next appointment.
The DeMarco Family Dental team.